I asking you call representative John Nygren TODAY and his colleagues in the senate to support SB 772 and SB 773. It is for Clean Water in Marinette, Peshtigo, & Porterfield.
Here’s Rep. Nygren’s information. (608) 266-2343
Here are some talking points.
Talking Points for SB 772/773
• Grant the UW $250,000 to research how to destroy PFAS
• Set emergency standards at 20ppt for PFOS and PFOAs and allow Department of Health Services to set future emergency standards as science emerges
• Allow the DNR to hold polluters financially responsible for cleanup and providing water
• Create a PFAS fund to clean up contamination and provide water when there is no clear responsible party (funds would come from future PFAS litigation
• Begin an epidemiological study through blood testing and cancer cluster studies in Marinette, Peshtigo and Porterfield
• Certify laboratories across the state to test for PFAS
Thanks and be the change you wish to see in the world!!